Well, Donald Trump has been the President-elect for about day and a half now and things are already looking pretty grim as far as the prospects of him appointing anybody that has a brain to serve in his administration. Case in point, Donald Trump has already picked Myron Ebell from the Competitive Enterprise Institute to head up the EPA transition team and most likely, he will end up being the actual head of the Environmental Protection Agency. For those of you who do not know, Myron Ebell is a very proud climate change denier. He is able to look at these reports of scientists, look at the scientific consensus, and say, “Nope.” That’s the kind of guy that Myron Ebell is, just really a brain dead Republican and fossil fuel industry zombie and he’s going to be in charge of the environment more than likely.
On top of that, Sarah Palin is being considered for a cabinet position. That news just came out this morning but if you remember back during the campaign, Donald Trump while speaking with Sarah Palin absolutely promised her a spot in the administration. Let’s remember that Sarah Palin, in addition to being a failed reality TV host, couldn’t get enough viewers to keep that show alive, she also never finished her term as a Alaska governor because she just couldn’t take it. Whether or not she would even be a lasting member of a Trump cabinet remains to be seen. So far, the woman seems to quit everything she ever does but just her in general, very scary. Again, somebody who has an IQ below room temperature probably shouldn’t be calling the shots for any policy in the United States.
Let’s go further down the list. Rudy Giuliani is absolutely going to be rewarded with some kind of position, possibly Attorney General. It just gets scarier from there. Chris Christie, if he’s not already in prison by then which I’m sure Donald Trump will most likely pardon him, probably coming into the administration. I could see Chris Christie probably serving as maybe Head of the Food and Drug Administration. I think it makes a little sense for him there but the bottom line is that we’re going to return to the Bush years. Admittedly, the Obama years were not much better because the industry insiders were still in Washington DC, Obama put them there, but at least they had somewhat of a brain.
This Donald Trump administration is going to be, and I meant this quite literally, one of the dumbest administrations we have ever had. Sarah Palin, Rudy Giuliani, Myron Ebell, Trump himself. Not smart human beings and that is terrifying because they will make policy, make decisions that affect our lives every single day and especially with regards to climate change. Let me put it to you this way. South Florida, Miami right now is flooding and no, there hasn’t been any rain but there’s still flooding because that’s just the way that the tides are going now. When the high tides hit, they’re coming up into the streets. They’re calling this a king tide and just a weather anomaly but this is the new normal and it’s going to be the new normal for all coastal cities under a Donald Trump administration that doesn’t even think climate change exists. That’s the America that we’re looking at here. Dumber, wetter, and just all around much, much worse than we have been for the last eight years.
TRUMPS PLANS FOR HIS FIRST 100 DAYS AS PRESIDENT
At the end of October, Donald Trump spoke in Gettysburg, Pa., and released a plan for his first 100 days in office.
The plan (below) outlines three main areas of focus: cleaning up Washington, including by imposing term limits on Congress; protecting American workers; and restoring rule of law. He also laid out his plan for working with Congress to introduce 10 pieces of legislation that would repeal Obamacare, fund the construction of a wall at the Southern border (with a provision that Mexico would reimburse the U.S.), encourage infrastructure investment, rebuild military bases, promote school choice and more.
On Wednesday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell mostly made nice with Trump but also shot down or expressed little enthusiasm in some of his plans. On Trump’s proposal to impose term limits on Congress, McConnell said, “It will not be on the agenda in the Senate.” McConnell has been a long-standing opponent of term limits, as NPR’s Susan Davis reports. “I would say we have term limits now — they’re called elections.”
McConnell also threw some cold water on Trump’s infrastructure plans, calling it not a top priority.
McConnell did say repealing Obamacare is a “pretty high item on our agenda” along with comprehensive tax reform and achieving border security “in whatever way is the most effective.” But he also declined to discuss the Senate’s immigration agenda further.
“We look forward to working with him,” McConnell said. “I think most of the things that he’s likely to advocate we’re going to be enthusiastically for.”
Below is the 100-day plan Trump’s campaign released in October, called “Donald Trump’s Contract With The American Voter.”
What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter — and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington
Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:
* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:
* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
* SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:
* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
* THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back
* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
- Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
- End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
- American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
- School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
- Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
- Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
- End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
- Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
- Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
- Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.
This is my pledge to you.
And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.